Monday, February 9, 2009

The part of motherhood I hate...

It is 11:09pm. Jackson can not sleep. His cough is getting worse and he can't breathe through his nose because of all the gunk. For some reason somthing told me to check my local mom's group message board. The latest posting...Virus Alert. I click on that and it is a story about how RSV is running rampant in the KC Metro area. And wouldn't you know it, Jacks symptoms fit it to the T. So I'm googling, webmd-ing, and generally freaking myself out as to what my next move should be. His breathing is a bit shallow and it doesn't take a Dr to see he feels horrible. The general consensus seems to be if wheezing is present take him to the ER. So far, there is no wheezing, but his symptoms have gotten worse as the day has gone on. I am taking him to the Dr first thing tomorrow. He already has an appt at Children's Mercy for his post-op check up so I may call them to let them know my fears and see what they suggest. I propped up his mattress and the humidifier is running full till next to his bed. I can't find his nose sucker thing, so I can't help him out that way. I've been giving him decongestant/expectorant all day and it has pretty much done nothing. I hate this helpless feeling, knowing your child is sick, possibly with a very dangerous infection, and there is noone to call, and nothing you can do about it, short of going to the ER and sitting and waiting... I'll update after we see a Dr...

0 comments: