Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Things just really suck right now.

I don't even know where to begin. Nothing is going right. At a time when we thought things were finally going to start getting easier, once again life has blown up in our faces. Its like a cruel joke someone is playing on us. I give up. You win whoever you are.

After 3 months of looking I tentatively get offered a job that I think I will really enjoy. I had to wait on an e-mail from home office, then go for my drug test. E-mail never arrived and for the past week I've tried to get ahold of said job, and can't get anyone to return my phone call or send me the paperwork that I need to start.

Grandma is gone and although I'm not really upset about it, there are some weird feelings going on in my head. But any service to be held wont be until next week, which if this job thing works out, its going to suck having to take time off work right off the get go.

I took Jack for his 6 month check up (a month and a half later). I get more crap for our past-due balance that we are still fighting the insurance about. I tell his Dr about the appt at children's mercy and that the Dr there said they don't do anything until 14 months. Turns out this Dr isn't the one who I was supposed to see, and now there is a rush to get Jack back in for a consultation and get his surgery scheduled. Again, great now that I 'think' I have a job.

The insurance company is still not paying any of Jack's bills from his birth to May 1st. Thats a whole long mess of a deal and the longer it goes the madder I get. I have a feeling we're going to end up being screwed.

We need me to be working now worse than ever. X-mas is going to suck for the kids, but at least they are too young to remember this. Doesn't make us feel any less like loser parents.

Charlie's knee is killing him more than ever. He almost fell off his truck the other day b/c he tweaked it and it hurt so bad.

I'm so tired of having nothing good to say...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lizzie, I am sooooo sorry to hear about all the crap going wrong for you. I know it will all get better, but that does nothing for the NOW, does it? If there is anything I can do to help figure out Jack's insurance, please let me know. I've been in this business a very long time, and sometimes can help with messes. Just email me if there's anything I can do. And, always know that there are still a lot of people out here who love you and want the best for you and your family. Love, Patty.

Melanie said...

I can try to help with your insurance problem too if I can, though it may be a little tricker from a different state. Let me know if you would like for me to look into it. Our companies benefits administrator's office is two doors down from mine...

It is miserable when you feel like everything is going wrong. SO hard to stay positive for the kids sake when you're feeling like hell inside. Don't worry about Christmas - I am sure they are getting several presents from everyone else, they won't have any clue that there wasn't much from you! They are faaaaaar too young to remember it later or know it now so even though it's hard, try not to let it worry you. Kids are too spoiled these days anyway! Fewer toys will not kill anyone...!! I am worried about you Liz. Call anytime :)

Loni said...

I don't have much to say except I love you. I am sorry that life is throwing you so much shit right now. Please do contact my Mom, she knows a lot and has helped me more than once with stupid insurance issues. You told me not too long ago that I could call you anytime of day if I needed someone to talk to...I hope you know that applies to you too. I am here to talk or listen. I wish I was up there so I could come steal you away for a girls lunch or dinner or night of drunkenness.I hope things get better REALLY soon!