Wednesday, March 19, 2008

addicted

Hello, my name is Liz and I am addicted to Craigslist.org. I've had this problem for going on 3 years now. I first discovered the site while I was pregnant with my now almost 2 year old daughter. My day begins with me getting up, grabbing a quick bite to eat and settling down for my first 'fix' of the day. I check the baby/kids section first for any deals that are just too good to pass up. If there is nothing there, I then check out the furniture section. If still nothing I go on to the general, and finally if desperation sets in...the free section. Its not like I can really just jump on and buy whatever, but knowing that there is a great deal on there that I would love to take advantage of is good enough for me. Its a strange fix I know, but hey, it works for our bank account. When I get home from work and picking up Mak at daycare, I jump on again after getting her a snack and go through the ritual again. Then once again (sometimes twice) before finally calling it good and going to bed. I have bought and sold items and have been giddy with excitement every time. In fact just this last week, I happened to jump on just as a posting for a Dutailier Rocker/Glider w/ ottoman for FIFTY BUCKS!!!! If you know anything about these gliders, they are not cheap. The ottomans alone brand new are about $200. I e-mailed the lady right away and went to bed only to find myself to excited to wait until morning to see if she replied. I jumped up around 11pm and checked my e-mail and had a reply telling me its mine! I went over on my lunch break the next day to look at it and it was perfect! Not the right colors, but who cares! It was FIFTY BUCKS! I handed her half the money, took the ottoman for now and made arrangements to pick up the glider this weekend. (on a side note, she had the most addorable twin boys I'd ever seen in my life). As I type I am eagerly awaiting word on if a dinning room table and chairs set is still up for grabs. **Keep your fingers crossed!!** I just can't help myself! I love this site! You can find anything and everything...seriously...if you dont belive me...try it yourself... www.craigslist.org ... Its like the worlds biggest garage sale, and lord knows I love me a good garage sale! Ok well, I gots to go check my e-mail and see if we may have a table and chairs for our new place! Tootles...

1 comments:

Loni said...

I'm glad you found such a good deal on your glider, those suckers are expensive!!
And now you have me looking on Craiglist all the time....thanks a lot!!! haha
Love ya!
Loni