Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm a good girl!

This morning on the way to work, after cutting up potatoes, and filling my crock pot with a roast, potatoes and water and some spices, I decided to do something I've never done before. I picked up the phone and called Charlie's dad and invited him and Debbie over for dinner. Not because Charlie wanted me to (he didn't even know) not because I 'had' to, but because I actually missed hanging out with them. All day long I was worried about the crock pot dinner burning up b/c I'm paranoid about that kind of thing. When I finally got home, the house smelled fabulous! The meat was perfectly tender and dinner turned out great, allbeit a bit bland (I have to work on my seasonings). Chuck and Debbie came over and we had a wonderful evening! Chuck's car burned up last weekend! LOL!!! I was cracking up while he was telling us the story! Debbie showed me the blanket she is working on for the new baby, its cute, she just wants to find out what the baby is so she can finish it in pink or blue. They bought Mak the cutest little rain coat 9which would have come in handy today) and a cute winter coat! I am so glad that I've made the decision to 'rekindle' so to speak our relationship. Its nice to get to know him/them again.

1 comments:

Loni said...

I'm happy for you that you are getting along with Charlie's dad again. It is really nice when you gave in-laws you actually like. I got really lucky with mine. I see them pretty much every day and I still really like them! LOL You need to teach me about this letting go of grudges stuff. It sounds like it's going really well for you. Maybe I should try it!
I'll talk to you soon. Call when you get a chance.
Loni