Sunday, February 10, 2008

home sweet home...

Well, i think we might have done it! We are calling the landlord tomorrow morning to tell him we'll take it! We went and looked at a duplex today and at first I really didn't like it, but it started to grow on me. Its more expensive than what we were hoping for, but we should be ok. We are just going to have to really buckle down and watch our money from here on out.

Its a 3 bedroom 2 bath. The master bedroom is great. Plenty of room for our bed, furniture, and Jack's bassinet. Makenna's room is HUGE! Almost big enough to be the master, so there will be plenty of room for all of her toys. Jack's nursery is on the smaller side, but it will be perfect for his first room. Its similar is size to Mak's room now, just a tad bit smaller. There is a living room at the front of the house that is tiny, but it will be a great playroom area. The big living room will be the perfect size to fit our sectional and other furniture. There is also a fireplace so Charlie is happy about that. There is also a finished portion of the basement. Not a huge area, but will be a nice place for whatever. The kitchen is ok. Nothing spectacular, but includes all the appliances. There is a 1/2 bath off the kitchen/living room area. We get to pick the paint colors. The carpet will be replaced as well, so it will look like a fresh new place! I'm so excited! Its nothing big, but I think it will be perfect for our family! Plenty of room for the kids to play and for mommy and daddy to have some space as well! Now I get to start packing. I've never been so happy to start packing in my life! I hate this apartment!!!

1 comments:

Loni said...

See?!?! We all told you it would work out in the end!! Congratulations on finding a house. I know that is a big load off of your mind. I would give almost anything for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house right now!
I hope it becomes a home that you can love and make all kinds of happy family memories in.
Tell BOTH of your sweet little babies that Aunt Loni is missing them, and their mama, like crazy right now.
I love you!