Saturday, May 10, 2008

The mother of all updates...

So I'm the mom of 2 kids now...

Jackson Charles Lister was born at 4:38pm on Thursday April 24th, 2008, weighing in at 7lbs 14oz and 20inches long.

For the most part it was an uneventful labor, until Jack decided to squeeze his cord so tight that his heart almost stopped beating...very scary! I thought I lost my baby before I even had a chance to hold him. Nothing like going from a nap to every buzzer in the room going off and every Dr on the floor running into your room muttering about emergency c-sections and what not. Thank God they got him back with out having to go that route. He was born with the cord around his neck and a bit blue, but he came out screaming and what a beautiful sound it was!

I got my epidural pretty much as soon as the pain started and I was able to relax and actually enjoy my labor! I love me an epidural!!! When it was time, I pushed for about 15 minutes and out my little man came! After he was born, I felt great! I was ready to get out of the hospital that night, but the nurses and mid-wife had other thoughts of course. But I seriously felt wonderful. Nothing like I felt after having Mak. All the days since then too have been great!

It feels surreal that I had a baby 2 weeks ago. Its wierd, kind of like something is missing. I remember being so run down and exhausted in the days after Makenna was born and feeling like the walking dead, but not once have those feelings bothered me this time around. Sure, I'm tired and missing sleeping, but its nothing like before. It shouldn't be this easy...right? I tell you what though, if I could be guaranteed labors and deliveries like that everytime, I could pop rug rats out all the time!

Since Jacks arrival, things have been crazy though. Makenna actually took rather well to her little brother! At first she didn't know quite what to think, but she quickly warmed up to him and now showers 'Jackey' (as she calls him) with hugs and kisses everytime she walks by. Its so sweet!

We are officially moving now! We got the nasty phone call from our landlord and referred him to our attorney. Hopefully we will be moving next weekend. I thought moving when I was 9 months preggo was hard, but I think its going to be even harder with a toddler and a newborn. I feel horrible having to put Makenna through another move. She doesn't understand what is going on at all. Her room is going to be a lot smaller in the condo though and I think that will be good for her. Her room here is way too big for her and its rather intimidating to her I think. I will paint her new room pink and put up her princess castle and put her deflated Pablo balloon on the wall and hopefully that will make it 'her' room where she feels safe and secure. Jack's room will finally get put together too! I can't wait to have an actual nursery for him! I can't wait to pick up his crib and put his bedding in it! We are painting his room to match the brown in his crib set.

Lets see...what else has gone on...
I think thats about it in a nut shell. I will post pics in the near future.
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and positive labor vibes! They worked!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wonderful to finally read a blog :) We chatted that one time and I have been wondering how you are doing. Great to hear that things are really going well! Jack sounds like a wonderful baby! I still have his pressies as I do not have your new address...however, since you are moving, would you like me to send them to your parent's house? Are they still at the same address? Love ya xxxx

Loni said...

AUNT LONI WANTS PICTURES!!!!! Congrats to you all. You know I love you so so so much. Can't wait to talk to you again!!