Sunday, July 20, 2008

another kid.

No, not yet.

BUT, even though I realize it wont be for awhile...(hopefully)...we agreed to have at least one more kiddo. This has been something that has really been bothering me. Before Charlie and I were married, we had the whole 'how many kids' discussion. He wanted the offensive line for a football team. I said um, I'll have 2-3 but you're on your own for the rest...

Fast forward to September 2007. I'm 2 weeks past 8 positive pregnancy tests (yes, I was in denial). He tells me that he adamently does NOT want any more kids after this one. In fact, he had been meaning to tell me that he wasn't sure about having any more after Mak. But Mother nature took care of that one...THANK GOD!

So ever since then we've kind of skirted the topic, but both being adamant of the opposite thing, never really 'talked' about it. With the help of months of couseling, learning how to talk with each other, and growing up in general, we found ourselves this evening having a very in-depth serious conversation about the possibility of future children. We discussed our reasonings for and against and ultimately came to the conclusion, that in fact, we both want at least 1 more, but not for a while. I know that we can't tell what the future will hold, but at least we both know where we stand on the topic.

By the way, one of his reasons against having more kids, is he will be too old...

Charlie turned the big three-oh (30) today! happy birthday my love!

0 comments: