Thursday, July 31, 2008

Going green.

After much research and contemplation, I have decided to switch Jackson to cloth diapers. I am starting out slow, as I need to build my supply of CDs. Its not like it was back in the 'old' day. Now there are so many brands of covers and types. I have a good friend who is giving me a few to try out and I'm getting some from a lady on craigslist. I have about a half pack of disposables left and it is my goal to not have to buy any more. Oh and they dont use safety pins anymore! There are these great new contraptions called Snappies! They just hook to all parts of the diaper to give a good hold! I'm actually pretty excited about this whole thing! Plus its going to save a TON of money! I've been pretty lucky b/c the pack of diapers we have left is actually the first one I had to buy b/c we got so many pakages from people when he was born. Not so much looking forward to cleaning the poopies but, hey, for the money I'm saving, I can deal. Now to train Daddy on the fine art of Cloth Diapering...lol

1 comments:

Loni said...

Good for you!! I just have one question...when you are out and about and Jack poops what do you do? Do you have something that you put it in so you aren't carrying around a smelly, poopy diaper? I know it is wrong, but I really love my disposables!! I just throw those damn things away! I admire your ability to go green. YAY FOR LIZZIE!!!! I wish I was more like you (in more ways than one)!