Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Baby scare # 1...and hopefully the only!

I had my first 'emergency' trip tot he Dr this morning. Last firday at the ultrasound, there was a bleed around the sac, which she told me is normal, but that I would most likely be experiencing some brown spotting this week. Well, I had the brown spooktting yesterday and even though its always unnerving, I didn't worry too much. However, this morning I went to the bathroom b/c I was having some light cramping and figured I needed tino have a poo. But nope, so I proceed to wipe and when I saw the TP it was bright red. I looked in the toilet and there as obvously more than jus tthey typical spotting and it was bright red. The Dr's always say to worry about bright red blood, so I immediately freaked out. I called the Dr and got in for an apt first thing in the morning. They did an U/S and let me know right off the bat that the baby was ok...THANK GOD! The bleed however, had gotten bigger instead of smaller as they like to see. My mid-wife still is not overly concerned, as long as it does not continue to get bigger. She did put my on activity restriction and 'pelvic rest' for the rest of my first trimester. She doesn't even want me lifting Makenna. Thats going to be hard, but I am going to do my best as the health of my unborn kiddo is at stake. Plus Mak has become so independent lately anyway, she prefers to not be held. The whole pelvic rest thing, I'm ok with...not so much Charlie, but he of course understands...LOL...Plus as he said "its not like I'm getting any anyway..." Gotta love the men! Anyway, He is being very helpful already. he went grocery shopping tonight which he hates, and he has said he would clean up the living room tonight. So that was the first scare with this pregnancy and hopefully the last...
You never realize how attached you get to something so quickly until you have to face the reality of possibly losing it...
I love this bean so much already.

2 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

funny how quickly you get attached to the little one. I hope that you have no more scares and rest well!

Janelle smells said...

OH.. How scary!! I am glad you are taking the Dr. seriously... although it would be impossible NOT to lift our short people at least some of the time now!! No fun at all!!