Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Job saga drama

I still have no job.

I probably wont have a job either.

The job I interviewed for 5 weeks ago and was told that I was hired right away has turned into a nightmare. I waited for 3 weeks to get a 'pesonality screen' test e-mailed to me. Durring that 3 weeks I called quite often to check in with the manager who each time assured me the job was mine and that the HR people were just slow and stupid. So finally, I get the e-mail and complete the test and send it back immediately. The next day (Dec 23) , I get a call from the manager and she 'officially' offers me the assistant manager position. We discuss salary and start date. She told me she just had to wait for the approval for the salary (which was higher than I had requested). But the job was mine. We tentatively set January 5th as my start date pending my drug screen and the approval from HR. I never heard from the manager as to when my drug screen was to be done. I called her tuesday (Dec 30th) to find out what the deal is and now I'm told that she is still waiting for approval to hire me for the position. ????WHAT??? I was under the impression I was already offered the job. She said not to worry that she would call me Monday, Jan 5th (mind you this is the date I was 'supposed' to start). I didn't hear from her, so I called that afternoon and ask her what was up. Her answer..."Well we decided to keep the girl we have in the position." She then offered me the leasing poisiton that I had orriginally interviewed for. WRONG AGAIN!!! Nope, I have to go in and re-interview, from scratch, this time with the DM who has taken over the hiring process.

So essentially I have thought I had a job for 5 weeks only to find out that nope, a whole lotta smoke has been blown up my a$$ and I am still jobless.

Wanna guess how pissed off I am???

1 comments:

Melanie said...

I am sorry to hear that Liz. If you lived here I would do everything I could to get you a job!! Sounds like this company is one that you should forget about and move forward from. Sucks to start again but perhaps it is all you can do in this case. If they screw you around this much before they hire you, just imagine how much they will once they have you on their payroll? If you want to email me your resume (at my work email address) I will see if there are any jazzy things you can add. Since, you know, I see them allllll day long! Register at yahoo hotjobs and any local job site you can find. Monster doesn't seem to be worth much these days. Let me know if I can help you! Tink happy tawts!!!