Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm moving to Wichita...

I wish...

We just got home (loni it took us until 6:45 to get home b/c Charlie wanted to go 'a faster way' so he is not allowed to say anything about my damn GPS anymore....the navigational genious...)
Anyway...we just got home from visting my best friend Loni and her beautiful family in Wichita! I had so much fun! Even though it was only 2 days and I was sick and we had some 'issues' with directions it turned out to be a great time. It was her older daughter's 4th birthday. Natalie is deffinetly not a child wanting for anything...although I bet Loni would beg to differ with the 'not wanting' part...lol
We left home Saturday morning at about 10 am and made it to our hotel room at around 12:30...(charlie likes to drive fast) Makenna is not a big fan of car rides longer than 5 minutes and trying to reason with a 20 month old about how "you'll have so much fun once we get there!" just is wasting our breath. But alas, she fell asleep after throwing a fit for about 30 minutes and the rest of the trip out was rather quiet! We got to our hotel room and Makenna had a blast jumping on the oh so comfy bed. She was a bit of a spaz this weekend. After settling in a bit we got ready to go grab a bite to eat at my used-to-be favorite fast food joint Spangles. It was not so good however, and I don't think I'll be dining there again...until the next trip to taw-town.
So this is when the fun begins. We leave the restraunt to head to the birthday party. Before we had left KC I had programmed all the addresses into my GPS system (the piece of shit as Charlie refers to it now). However, the particular address for the party was on a non-existent street according to all the maping websites. So I found what I thought was the equivilant address on Google maps and punched it into my TOM TOM. Unfortunately, it was wrong...WAY WRONG. What should have been about a 10 minute car ride from our hotel turned into us being lost for over an hour! This was not a pleasant time as we spent most of the 'adventure' ready to kill each other. He refused to stop at a gas station to ask where the Wild West World was 15 minutes into being lost, and according to him it was my fault that we didn't bring a physical map with us and were just relying on the 'piece of shit' to get us places. (I didn't point out to him that had we infact stopped at a gas station, I would not have been opposed to purchasing a 'physical map', but since he refused to stop...well...'nuf said) Anyhoo...after driving around aimlessly in a city we are in no way familiar with he finally agreed to stop at a gas station...after all we were low on fuel... I go in and ask the clerk where to find the now defunct Wild West World and lo and behold he pointed us straight there! Once we finished fueling up we made our way once again to the party and arrived 10 short minutes later... Since we had said we'd be there an hour ago everyone was relieved to see we had infact made it!
I finally got to see Loni and her hubby and her adorable kiddos and her mom and dad! I love her family! Natalie's Luau was a hit and after the party we went back to their house. We ordered some italian delivery and just hung out and had a good time! We headed back to the hotel around 9:30pm and the next morning we woke up grabed some breakfast at a horrible restraunt...(his pick) Then we headed back over to Loni's house for some GOOD food! Afterall, you can't screw up a sloppy joe! It was gourmet compared to breakfast! LOL. We spent another couple of hours sitting talking and remeniscing and watching the girls all play together! Its so neat seeing our kids play together. Who'd have thought that we would both be parents now! But it is so neat! I am so glad that Loni and I have remained so close over the years! I really do wish that I could live closer to her. Afterall its only 2.5 hours away from KC!

Here are the pics from this weekend!
All the girls!
Photobucket

Me and my buddy!
Photobucket

Our first born! (Vanessa was still napping)
Photobucket

Mak opening her present from Aunt Loni
Photobucket

Makenna loves her Aunt Loni!
Photobucket

"Don't bother us...We're eatin' sgetti"
Photobucket

Superstar!
Photobucket

Vanessa...just being cute!
Photobucket

Our girls!
Photobucket


0 comments: