Monday, June 23, 2008

Decisions.

I find myself facing a very difficult decision. I have the power, but am not sure which path to choose. Which is best for me and my family. One path might be easygoing at first but rockier in the long run, or the other might start off really rocky, but be smooth sailing around the bend. Without a crystal ball, I have no way of knowing. The thing is, I feel like I'm already on the rocky path, looking, HOPING, around every bend for it to get smoother, but alas...more rocks...even mountains. So do I stick with it, and hang on to the hope? However diminished it seems? Or jump paths and risk that the grass may not in fact be greener...

decisions...decisions...

2 comments:

Loni said...

Since I have meant to comment to every post you have made recently but have not, I am going to put it all here.
1. You are beautiful...enough said.
2. You are insane!!...again, enough said!
3. I have always hated making decisions and as I have grown older and now have a family to consider it has gotten even harder. In the last couple years I have had to make some of the hardest, most life-changing decisions of my life. So I know how you feel. It sucks. But I know you. You are smart. I have faith that whatever these decisions you are facing are, you will think them through and do what's best for YOU and those around you. Just remeber that doing something for yourself is not always a selfish thing. Sometimes it is necessary. I'm not saying you should decide to abandon your life and run away with me to Jamaica (or maybe I am!!). But I know how much you think of others first and want to remind you to think of yourself as well. Again, don't know exactly what you are deciding here..but I do know that whatever you do decide will be the right thing for you. Even if it is harder in the short run.
I love you so much. You know I am always here for you, no matter what.
Your bestest friend forever,
Loni

Melanie said...

Decisions are difficult for a reason. I have made some pretty huge, life changing, continent changing (!!!) ones in my lifetime and though some may not have been the best, I will never regret any of them because they have all worked out in one way or another. Some of my decisions these days are because of or for Sean, others are purely for myself but the outcome affect Sean anyway. Ultimately you have to do what is best for you. If you are happy, your kids will be happy and that is how I make my decisions since I became a Mum. Whatever this decision you need to make is, you already know the answer, you just have to find it.