Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We're 'officially' poor enough!

This morning we had an appointment at the WIC office. With us now having four people to support off of one income, we are 'officially' poor. We qualify for WIC which will be a god-send since formula and everything else for that matter is rediculously expensive these days. Now I have to figure out how to WIC-shop. Oh, and they had to prick Makenna's and my finger today for our iron levels. Makenna of course freaked out as soon as we walked into a room that even remotely resembled a Dr's office. The a-hole lab tech said we should do her finger first, but I said no, it makes more since to do mine first so that I can console her after its all done. He rolled his eyes and said 'whatever' I swear, why do people have to be like that. I'm her friggin' mother, I know what is best for her. So the finger prick was painless, but she freaked out none-the less, and then said through her tears 'it not hurt, i'm alright', and she was all better when he gave her the boo-boo button (band-aid). Then just the normal bored 2-year old behavior kicked in as we were there for over 2 hours! But I am so relieved that we will at least be getting help buying the formula. Now to figure out how to pay for diapers and everything else we need!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

CVS baby!!!!!!! www.moneysavingmom.com read her CVS 101 and call/email me with any questions. Read my friend Jenny's blog www.momminitup.com and see her results (she posts her deals weekly, I don't!). I will be your savings buddy and we will conquer freebies together!!!!! I did not believe how amazing it all was until I did it myself. All you have to do is get started....