Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This is getting hard

This mom of 2 thing is getting tough. I'm at a point where I just want to crawl in a deep dark hole and pretend I don't have children, or a husband, or any type of responsibility for that matter. I love the kids "to the moon and back" (notice exceprt from 'Guess How Much I Love You'...Mak's new favorite book) but I feel so run down. If one's not crying the other is. If one's sleeping, the other is awake...and this goes for the nights as well. I feel like the walking dead. Coupled with terrible twos, and feeding issues with a newborn and going through some tough personal crap in counseling, I feel like I'm on the verge of failure. Not necessarily failure as a mother, but like a full system shut-down type of failure. My patience is tested before anything even happens. I think I'm a good mom. My kids are healthy and happy well taken care of and seem to be well adjusted. But I on the other hand am a mess and getting worse by the day. Not to be gross, but I dont even remember the last time I showered...Ok it was Friday before the runion...Wow thats gross. Ok, my one and only goal tomorrow is bathing! No wonder Jackson cries whenever I hold him...I STINK! Poor kid.
Makenna's new favorite word is "mine" and it seems like anything and everything I touch is hers. News to me! So that triggers tantrum upon tantrum throughout the day. Time out sort of works...but its having less and less of an affect. And I have never seen a child so un-bothered by a smacked bottom. I get the 'Is that the best you've got?' look from her everytime. So I dont even bother. I need SuperNanny to come visit to tell me how to deal with a child who could care less if she spent all damn day in time out! Ok, enough of the rants. I gots to go to bed...Jack will be up in 45 minutes.

2 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

It'll get easier as the kids grow up a little. In the meantime, you are acknowledging and working on your problems. That's way more than most people do. And, of course, it's hard work! But it's good that you are doing it. Hugs.

Melanie said...

Pretty new layout! I wish I had some advice for you but, only having one kid, I really don't. Jack is still so tiny and the whole family is getting used to a new element so I am sure things will start to sort themselves out in no time. Remember, anything worth doing is never easy. You're a great Mum. It will be worth every stressful second.