Tuesday, August 7, 2007

So the latest run down of Mak...

So durring her first year, I sent out e-mails pretty regularly with all the latest Makenna happenings/updates. But somehow, I lost track of time...I guess a VERY active toddler can do that to a girl. So here it is in a not so little nut shell...

Makenna amazes me every day. Last night she woke up crying in the night so I brought her back to bed with me and she laid down next to me and started rubbing my cheek. How does she know just how to make her mommy feel so good?

She is EVERYWHERE! She has discovered she can run and lemme tell ya, she loves to run...away from me! We bought her a new pair of Nike tennis shoes (pink of course) and she walks around so proud now. She shows everyone her new 'shees'. Now if I could only convince her that they really do work better when they are tied...

She loves to talk. Not that we can really understand her, but she sure talks your ear off it you let her...which of course we do. Her favorite thing in the world right now is birds. Every morning when we walk out to the car, she points to all the birds in the grass and says birdie...well, I 'think' thats what shes saying...I can't really understand her. It sounds more like 'beez'. Her vocab includes, MumMum (me!), DaDa, Mama(grandma), Popa(grandpa), dog, hogan (hodee), keekee(kitty), ni-ni(night night), ungee(hungry) and many more 'makenna words'. You know, those words that only Mommy understands. Oh and she says Peez (please).

I love her more than anything I've ever thought I loved before. I love being her mommy. She inspires me to strive to be a better person, for her. She has taught me so much and the meaning of PATIENCE (especially since she had decided that she has no need to wait to be 2 for the terribles...lol) She is sassy and sweet. More than I could have ever wished for or wanted in a little girl!

I've been a bad mommy, and haven't taken her in for her 15 month check up. I need to, but I keep having little anxiety attacks when I think about it, so I just chose not to think about it...problem solved...right? I'll get her in soon, I just need someone to go with me b/c the last round of shots just about did me in...Man this mommy stuff is rough!

She has almost a mouth full of teeth, which might explain the early onset of the terrible twos and her bouts of the poos lately. In the past 2 months she has cut 4 molars and two bottom teeth and I can see her 'eye' teeth coming in along with her 4th top tooth. Here's to more sleepless nights and a very cranky princess...

Well thats it for now...I will be updating with pics and stories quite often!

0 comments: