Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2 steps forward, 4 steps back...

I know I am heated right now, so I probably am not going to be very nice, but I am so angry and disappointed with my husband right now. I can not trust him to put us, as in our family, as his priority. I can't trust him to do the things he says he is going to do. I am so upset about how he has excuses for everything. I'm incredibly hurt that he says he doesn't want me doing all these things around the house and tells me that he will get them done, but just like clockwork, I end up doing them b/c (as in the case of this evening) he 'fell asleep'. How am I supposed to trust him when he will not keep his promises and uphold his end of HIS bargains. My ankles are the size of Texas, and they have been since yesterday. I have been busting my ass to get all the laundry caught up and done this week and there were only 2 loads left to do. We had girls night tonight, which I ended up taking Makenna to, not because Charles was working late, but because he wanted to be able to get the rest of the laundry done without worrying about her. I call him on my way home and SHOCKER he tells me I just woke him up and "gee babe, I didn't get anything done"...So not only do I miss out on my one evening out alone after busting my ass all week, the shit that he promised to get done was left for me to take care of...AFTER I got Mak down for bed. There is a bunch of other crap too, but this is enough for now I think. I tried to have a conversation like what we've been practicing in counseling for forever, but as soon as I say why I am upset, he jumps into the same ol'BS of "I'm talking to him like a dog"... We don't have counselling this weekend, but I'm seriously considering calling her and seeing if we can squeeze in a meeting this week sometime. We have had such a good streak, and I dont want to ruin it, but this is rediculous. I tried everything exactly the way she has taught us and it went straight back to how it was before we even started the counselling...so does this mean that all this time, money and stress has been for nothing?

1 comments:

Melanie said...

I feel very much like I can relate to this one...well, with the exception of the pregnancy of course! I don't know what to do either. Keep up with the counselling if you feel it is working for you. Perhaps if you bring it up in a session he will see the error of his ways. I feel for you kiddo. Call anytime :)