Friday, August 8, 2008

disappointed

If you are representing your country in front of the world, how hard is it to just wear your damn hat like a normal human being? Why is it so imperative that you cock your hat to the side or put it on completely crooked just for the sake of looking like a 'bad-ass'? Every other country that walked out durring the opening ceremony looked like they took pride in their costumes and and country. Enter the US team and a large majority of the male athletes wore their berrets off kilter. I get so sick of seeing ball caps worn this way on the street and in the media, as well as pants hanging down past asses and various other 'bad-ass' fashion statements. It just makes you look like a DUMB-ass.

~removing myself from soapbox...

2 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

I hadn't thought about it, but you are right! I was too busy focusing on our President. Laura Bush looked dignified and interested in the ceremonies. But her husband looked bored and kept checking his watch. {rolling eyes}

Miss-buggy said...

stay on your soap box! I totally understand! I HATE the pants half way past their butt look. PULL UP YOUR PANTS. I agree with the hats being worn normally. I didn't watch the ceremonies, no cable, but I can just imagine. It really IS NOT cool to wear your hats like that and your pants falling down. Wonder what the team captains said. That would be embarassing.