Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jack-Jack's bed

We bought a beautiful convertible crib for Jackson. Its a lovely dark cherry color and eventually it converts to the toddler bed and finally the full size bed. We have the same type for Makenna. When Makenna turned 3 months old, I put her in her bed. Didn't worry about it. Felt it was the right time. She didn't oppose it either. Fast forward 2 years and 4 months. Jackson is 4 months and well, he is still sleeping in our bed. He starts out in his bassinet next to our bed, but I always find some excuse to bring him closer to me. He fussed (he actually just coo-ed in his sleep), he was fidgeting (he actually was just moving an arm or leg), or he was gassy (he burped or tooted). I don't know why I'm having such a had time moving him to his bed. Its just right across the hall and I have a monitor to listen to him. I know we need him to get used to his bed...and sooner rather than later. I just am having a hard time 'letting go'. Well, tonight, I got his crib all ready for him. I put his blankie that he sleeps on from his bassinet, set up the monitor, got his changing station all ready to go. All thats missing is him. I'm not guaranteeing he'll make it through the night, but at least he's starting out in his own bed. Here's too another night of no sleep...(for me)

0 comments: