Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wanna watch Monsters?

There are 3 movies that Makenna loves...Monsters Inc, Cars and Little Mermaid. I dont usually let her watch unlimited amounts of tv/movies, but I have noticed that she is completely content watching the same movie over and over again. Right now her favorite is Monsters Inc. The other day I wasn't feeling well, and I asked her what she wanted to watch and she said Monsters. I put it in skipped through all the previews and selected full screen and all was well with the world. She sat in her princess couch and watched. Then it was over she turned to me and in the sweetest most innocent voice asked "watch monsters again?" I said heck with it sure...Mommy was getting to rest on the couch. She proceeded to watch it (not a proud moment) for the rest of the day. I would ask if she wanted to watch little bill or another movie, but she was 100% happy with her monsters. So my daughter watched TV all day and I didn't care. that evening we turned off the tv and played and she was still as smart as she was to begin with so I guess I didn't do too much damage! I am glad that she can be entertained while I need some mommy time to shower or what not and not have to worry about what she is getting into.

2 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

Been there, done that. Ander's favorite babysitter EVER! :)

I'm probably the worse mom ever for this, but I feel ZERO guilt. LOL.

Natch

Melanie said...

Don't feel bad - anyone that says they don't do that is LYING!!!!!