Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jack-Jack update

We had his 4 month check up yesterday afternoon. It went really well. We bypassed the shots since he had just gotten over the fever. We go in on the 2nd for those though. But it should just be in and out. He weighs 14lbs 14oz (48%) and is 25.5in (51%). His head is still measuring small at 16.22in (20%). But as long as its growing its all good. His bump is just a calcium deposit and it will either fade with time or it will be there forever. Nothing to worry about though. The dr tried to manipulate his lil'nutter down and Jack did NOT appreciate that! But the more he messed with it the higher it receeded unto his abdomen. So I got the referral to a Urologist at Children's Mercy and I have an appointment on Sept 11th. They will just do the ultra sound at that point and we will schedule the surgery. I'm just ready to get it all done so I can stop worrying so much about my boy.
I really like Jack's Dr. He has the best bed-side manner of any Dr, pedi or otherwise, that I have ever experienced. He makes me feel so at ease and he is so good with the baby. NOt only does he gush about Jack when we are there, he is very good at re-assuring me and my mothering skills. He holds your hand when he speaks with you and gives a hug when you leave too. He is just super nice. I love his big bow tie too.
Anyway, I will update after his appointment on the 11th.

0 comments: