Monday, August 11, 2008

hogan~dont read if you have a weak tummy~

I think he is sick. Well I know he is sick. He started having 'regular' diarrea yesterday around 10am. Not really that big of a deal with him b/c he has always had a sensitive digestive system. However, it has gotten 100 times worse and he is vomiting. We decided to have him sleep in his kennel last night and around 4:00am I couldn't take the non stop barking anymore and went down to tell him to shut up. I was greeted about halfway down the upstairs with that all too familiar smell. By the time I hit the basement stairs, I was scared. I should have been. It was everywhere. The entire bottom of the kennel was covered in feces and vomit. Oh joy. I carry his 60lbs ass up the stairs out to the deck trying very hard not to let him touch anything. I hose him off and go upstairs to get Charles. Its his dog, so his mess I think. That actually went rather well inspite of the PMS (see previous blog entry). So here it is now, 5:38am and the dog is outside wanting desperately to come in, the kennel is clean, Charlie is in the shower, and I'm trying to figure out what to do now. I am going to put a call into the vet once they open. We haven't fed him or given him more than a drink of water since yesterday morning. But it doesn't seem to be easing the problem. I hope that its nothing too serious, b/c we can NOT afford a vet bill right now and if anything happens to Hogan, somehow, according to a certain someone, I know it will be my fault b/c of my on-going strong dislike of the dog. But our son has to have surgery soon and we have to figure out how to not only pay off my medical bills from his birth but now figure out how to pay for these new medical bills...Son or dog....its an easy one for me.